In everyone’s life, motherland has it’s own worth. Everyone is truly attached with their motherland. Our Mother and motherland both are the most valuable in our life. Like others, I am also attached with my motherland. The name of my country is India. I am truly grateful to be a part of my country India. In this article, we will discuss about my country India.
Introduction of my country India
India is a country that is situated in South Asia. In the term of population, it comes at the second position after China. In the term of land area, it stands at seventh position in the entire world and it has the most populous democracy in the world. It is surrounded by Indian Ocean on the South, the Arabian Sea on the southwest, and The Bay of Bengal in the southeast. The neighboring countries of India are Pakistan, China, Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Afghanistan and Sri Lanka.
Here is the brief introduction of my country India.
Capital– New Delhi
Current President– Ram Nath Kovind
Current Vice President– Venkaiah Naidu
Current Prime Minister- Narendra Damodar Das Modi
Chief justice- Sharad Arvind Bobde
Speaker of the Lok Sabha– Om Birla
Deputy Chairman of the Rajya Sabha is– Harivansh Narayan Singh
Upper House– Rajya Sabha
Lower House- Lok Sabha
Dominion– 15 August 1947
Republic- 26 January 1950
Motto– Satyameva Jayate ( Truth alone triumphs)
Official language– Hindi, English
National Flag– Tricolour
National song– Vande Mataram (Sanskrit)
Father of nation– Mohan Das Karamchand Gandhi
National Flower– Lotus
National Animal- Tiger
National Bird- Peacock
Largest City- Mumbai
Currency– Indian rupee (₹-INR)
Date format- dd-mm-yyyy
Calling code– +91
States and union territories of my country India
With the effect from 26 January 2020, there are total 28 states and 8 union territories in India.
Below is the list of 28 states of India along with their capital:-
- Andhra Pradesh- Hyderabad (Proposed capital is Amravati)
- Arunachal Pradesh– Itanagar
- Assam- Dispur
- Bihar- Patna
- Chhattisgarh– Raipur
- Goa- Panaji
- Gujarat- Gandhinagar
- Haryana- Chandigarh (Shared with Punjab)
- Himachal Pradesh– Shimla
- Jharkhand– Ranchi
- Karnataka– Bengaluru
- Kerala– Thiruvananthapuram
- Madhya Pradesh– Bhopal
- Maharashtra– Mumbai
- Manipur– Imphal
- Meghalaya– Shillong
- Mizoram-: Aizawl
- Nagaland– Kohima
- Odisha– Bhubaneswar
- Punjab– Chandigarh
- Rajasthan– Jaipur
- Sikkim– Gangtok
- Tamil Nadu– Chennai
- Telangana– Hyderabad (Shared with Andhra Pradesh)
- Tripura– Agartala
- Uttar Pradesh- Lucknow
- Uttarakhand– Dehradun (Winter) & Gairsain (Summer)
- West Bengal– Kolkata
Below is the list of 8 union territories along with their capital:-
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands– Port Blair
- Chandigarh– Chandigarh
- Dadar and Nagar Haveli & Daman and Diu– Silvassa
- Delhi– Delhi
- Ladakh– Leh
- Lakshadweep– Kavaratti
- Jammu and Kashmir– Jammu (Winter), Srinagar (summer)
- Puducherry- Puducherry
Culture of my country India
Indian culture has it’s own significant place in the entire world. There are more than thousands unique cultures in India. India’s language, religions, food, architecture, custom, music and dance differ from one place to another within the country. Indian culture has a profound impact across all over the world. All the Indian-origin religions whether it is Hinduism, Jainism, Buddhism or Sikkhims, all are based on the concepts of Dharma and Karma. Being a multi-cultural country, India enjoys and celebrates various festivals with enthusiasm.
Diversity in my country India
India is also known by a land of unity in diversity because in my country India, people who belong to different caste, creed and religions live together happily and share the equal rights. Different types of people co-operate with one-another to live in a single society. India is one of the most diverse nations among all other countries in the term of religious and ethics. In India, there is a diversity in languages,dress and food. There are number of states and union territories but one can notice similarity in different people who belong to different states and this quality of Indian people show ‘Unity in diversity’. Our togetherness is the strength of Indians.
Democracy in my country India
Being an Indian, we are the part of democratic society because Indian constitution is a part of democracy. India became a democratic nation in 1947 after getting freedom. It is a system of government to elect a representative from among ourselves who governs the country. In easy words, democracy is known as “rules of majority”. In democracy, the power can not be inherited from citizens. It refers that all members of society are equal. It gives right to vote to the citizens of India and it shows we are one in the eyes of law. Democracy implies for one person, one vote and one value. It means everyone has the right to choose their government, no matter from which caste, creed, religion or gender they belong because in India everyone is equal and everyone has same rights.
The five democratic principles are:–
Sovereign: It is a term describing by Modern Russian Politics and first used by Vladislav Surkov on Feb 22, 2006 in a speech. It refers to an independent authority of a state. The Preamble defines India as an sovereign state. It means India is not bound by an foreign nation and it is independent to determine it’s own faith. India has a free government that is elected by citizens of India and it makes laws and policies to govern its citizens and nation without any external influence.
* Socialist: The Indian constitution that came into the force in 1950, did not have the inclusion of the term ‘socialist’. It is a political movement found early in the 20th century. The Avadi session in 1995, adopted a resolution to establish a ‘socialist pattern of society’ and measures were taken accordingly. By 42nd Amendment act of 1976,during the emergency, the word ‘Socialist’ was inserted into Preamble. It shows qualities like social and economical. Social quality means the absence of discrimination on the ground for caste, creed, gender, language and religion. India has a huge number of poor people who can not afford food, education, clothing and other basic amenities of life. For that purpose, Indian government provides these services in nominal charge or no charge. This is the main reason many people see my country India as a socialist country.
* Secular: It was inserted in Preamble by the act of 42nd Amendment Act of 1976. At the time of Independence, due to India’s cultural diversity and sociological variety, my country India was facing a lot of obstacles, in this context the main idea or motive to build a secular state was to achieve social peace, social harmony, and to preserve the unity and fraternity of the citizens of India. The Indian constitution allowed extensive interference in religious affairs. India does not have any official state religion or state owned educational institutions. My country India partially separate religion and state.
* Democratic: India is the world’s largest democratic nation. We as Indians are part of democracy. The word democracy first appeared in ancient Greek word demos which means ‘common people’. Democracy is the power to elect representative from among themselves to form a governing body. Democracy shows that all power is in the hand of citizens of India. People elect their leaders and representative stands in the election and after casting votes, the representative with the most number of votes gets the power to govern nation.
* Republic: In the term of constitution of my country India which was adopted on 26th November ,1949 and after getting freedom from Britishers, on 26 January 1950, the Indian constitution takes effect for making the republic of India which is the most populous democracy in the world. India is a republic country because in India all the decisions are made by the representative who is elected by the public. Elected representative makes decisions, abiding by the law of rules set by judiciary of the country. However republic may differ in the type of government and governance. For example: The United States of America is a republic country but it has presidential form of government. On the other hand, India is also a republic country with prime minister being the head of the country.
Language of my country India
Mother tongue of Indian is Hindi. Although there are several languages spoken in India. My country India has the highest second number of languages in the entire world. In my country India total 22 languages are used. These languages are:-
Among these languages, Hindi language is frequently used by many Indians. On the second number, Bengali stands as the most communicable and understandable language with a large amount of speakers in many parts of India. Marathi has the third position in the term of language in India.
India as an agricultural country
My country India is an agricultural country. More than 80% of total population of rural area in India involve in agricultural activities. Agriculture provides employment to many Indians. It is known as the backbone for Indian economy. In India, there are good sources like land, water and climate so the majority of people work in agriculture sector. Its fertile lands irrigated by countless rivers and it made the famous Urdu Poet Muhammad Iqbal says-
Godi me khelti hain, is ki hazaron nadiyan
Gulshan hai jin ke dam se, rashk-e- janan hamara.
Latest report says that approximately 58% population of India has agriculture as their main source of income and livelihood. India is seventh largest agricultural exporter around the world.
Natural vegetation in my country India
India is granted with a wide range of flora and fauna. An extensive natural vegetation grows in India because of climatic condition and diverse geographical. There are six types of natural vegetation in India-
- Tropical Evergreen Rain Forests
- Deciduous or Monsoon Type of Forests
- Dry Deciduous Forests
- Mountain Forests
- Tidal or Mangrove Forests
- Semi- Desert and Desert Vegetation
* Tropical evergreen rain forests: These are found in the areas where rainfall is more than 200cm. They are mainly found in Northeastern areas of Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Assam, Nagaland and Western Ghats and also found in hills of Khasi and Jaintia.The trees like Sandal Wood, Mahogany, Bamboo have intense growth.
* Deciduous or Monsoon type of Forests: They are found on the lower slope of the Himalayas, West Bengal, Bihar, Odisha, Chattisgarh, Jharkhand, Maharashtra and other adjoining areas. In this area, Teak is the presiding species that is seen and along with that Deodar, Blue Gum, Sal, Sandalwood and Bamboo are also seen. On the basis of availability of water, these forests are divided into 2 categories:-
- Moist deciduous
- Dry deciduous
* Dry deciduous forests: In the areas where precipitation is between 50-100cm, these forests grow there. They are mainly seen in the areas of Central Deccan Plateau, Haryana, Punjab, Madhya Pradesh and some parts of Uttar Pradesh.
* Mountain forests: Mountain forests are found in forests. It differs along the slopes of the mountain. On the foothills of Himalayas, evergreen trees like Sal, Teak, Bamboo grow whereas on the higher slope, trees like Pine, Fir and Oak grow and at the higher altitude of the Himalayas, junipers and rhododendron are found.
* Tidal or Mangrove forests: They grow on the edges of the deltas by the side of the coast. The Important trees, grow in the forests are Hogla, Garan and Pasur. These forests provide timber and firewood.
* Semi- deserts and Deserts Vegetations: It receives less than 50cm rainfall. In this vegetation region, thorny bushes,acacia and Babul are found. The plants found in this area always store water in their stem. These vegetations are mainly found in the parts of Gujarat, Rajasthan and Punjab.
Ayurveda in my country India
Ayurveda is an ancient medicine system of India. It is originated in India 5000 years ago and some concepts say that Ayurveda existed from Indus Valley Civilization or even earlier. The word ‘Ayurveda’ is made up of two different words: Ayus and Veda.
‘Ayus’ means life
‘Veda’ means science.
So, Ayurveda means science of life.
It was developed by ancient sages. In my country India, Kerala
is the prime centre for it’s development. Mainly herbs and other flora
are used for the preparation of Ayurvedic medicines.
Religions in my country India
In the preamble
of Indian constitution, it is mentioned that India is a secular country
. It is the birth place of the four major religions of the world: Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism and Sikhims.
India is a land of many religions. Hinduism, Islam, Christians, Sikhism, Buddhism, Jainism
and many other people who belong to different religions live in my country India. Religion has been an essential part in India’s culture. According to 2011 census
, this is the graph of different religions’ people in my country India.
My India- My pride
I am honoured to take birth in India. My country India is my pride. Many historians, architectures, writers and politicians from all over the world praised India and it’s contribute to rest of all the world. Their remarks show greatness of our nation. Their gratitude makes us feel proud of our country India. Within a span of fifty years, India became one of the leading economies in the global scenario. India progress over the past twenty years has been quite remarkable. It is playing an enhancing essential role in world affairs. India is now a member of G20 and the BRICS group of newly industrialized nation. Day be day, my country India is progressing and very soon it will become a developed nation.
Feeling of Indians for India
People of my country India truly loves and respects their nation. Yes, I am pretty sure about it. There are many examples that reflect feelings and emotions of Indians for their country India. We, Indians are known for our nationhood. There are 28 states and 8 union territories in India but we all are same. No matter from which state or union territory, we belong. Whenever one state suffers due to any major or minor issue, other states’ citizens are always ready to help them by economically or physically. Indians do not think only for their own city or state but they treat whole part of India as their own home. We, Indians are so popular for our unity in worldwide. In India, whether a person is from rich background or poor one but everyone has one thing common in them and that is humanity. There are many Indian richer businessman and celebrities who are always ready to support our country economically and with their all might. Similarly, those Indians who can not support with money, they used to support India with their physical and mental power. Thus, each Indian wants to support their country by any means. Before 15th August 1947, India was not an independent country. It was under Britishers. But, due to sacrifice of our brave freedom fighters like Mahatma Gandhi, Bhagat Singh, Lala Lajpat Rai, Mangal Pandey, Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose, Chandrasekhar Azad, we are living in an independent nation. Since earlier time, Indians have feeling of patriotism and this love and respect towards our nation makes India a great nation.
No love is better than the love for nation.
This article is Written by,
A proud Indian❤️