Essay writing in English:-
Hello everyone! Let’s learn about essay writing, it’s types, tips to write a good essay, how to write different essay, purposes of writing a good essay,format of writing an essay,how many paragraphs an essay consists of and an essay on Covid19 in English.
What is essay writing
What are different types of essay writing
There are four different types of essay writing. These are as follows:-
- Expository Essay
- Descriptive Essay
- Narrative Essay
- Argumentative Essay
Expository Essay: ‘Expository’ means intend to describe something. In this type of essay, a writer writes his/her thoughts or ideas. It is one of the most common types of essay writing.
Descriptive Essay: Descriptive Essay shows description about any topic. It describes essays with parts of speech and figure of speech and creativity of language.
Narrative Essay: Narrative essay shows narrator’s own point of views or ideas. This type of essay is known as reader friendly.
Argumentative Essay: It is just like Expository essay, only one difference can be seen between Argumentative Essay and Expository Essay i.e. for writing Argumentative Essay, writer must do a lot of research.
Format of essay writing in English
How many paragraph an essay consists of.
- Main body
Introduction: It gives a hint about the topic of an essay. It opens the paragraph.
Main body: In ‘main body’ part of essay writing, it shows all the major ideas or thoughts about the topic of the essay.
Conclusion: It summaries the whole paragraph and closes the essay writing.
Tips for essay writing in English
1. Choose a topic: Selection of topic is very important in essay writing because the whole essay is depend on your topic. So, before writing an essay you must have to choose a nice topic.
2. Prepare an outline of your ideas: After choosing topic, you must have to do research and prepare a list related to your ideas or thoughts according to the title of essay writing.
3. Write your own statements: While writing essay, you must frame your own sentences related to topic of an essay writing.
4. Write introduction of essay: Introduction is one of the main parts of essay writing. It opens the paragraph.
5. Write body of essay writing: Write body of essay writing by choosing suitable sentences and describe it.
6. Write conclusion: It closes and summaries the paragraph.
7. Give your essay a finish touch: When you completed essay writing, do the proof reading of whole essay and make it error free.
How to write different types of essay
1. Decide what type of essay is to write: Among four types of writing essays i.e.Expository essay, descriptive essay, narrative essay and argumentative essay, decide what type of essay you are going to write.
2. Brainstorm your topic: Make your essay friendly by choosing easy language, nice vocabulary and developing ideas and thoughts.
3. Research the topic: Do research about the relevant topic and find out different ideas.
4. Develop a thesis: Thesis is the main point of writing essay. It is essential to write a sentence which shows what the topic of an essay is about.
5. Outline your essay: It shows your essay is well designed and full of creativity. Outlining of essay is very necessary as it attracts readers.
6. Start writing an essay: After preparing all those above five points, start writing an essay. Your essay must be clear and easy to read.
7. Check spelling and grammar: In the last, do the proof reading of essay and correct your errors (if any).
What are the purposes of writing an essay
- To persuade
- To explain
- To entertain